Top 15 Crystals to Have In Your Toolkit and Why!
Crystals are more than beautiful items to look at! They are powerful tools to help with spiritual living and assisting you in your day-to-day life.
In fact, some think the use of crystals is a new age thing; however, they have been around for quite some time as the first use of crystals being noted for use in Paleolithic gravesites. Later, talisman (blessings) and amulets (protection) were used nearly 30,000 years ago. And, the Sumerians, Egyptians, and Greeks used crystals.
Today, more and more people are using crystals to improve home and office environments, support energy healing and promote manifestation rituals and exercises. Wondering which ones are the best to have? Read on!
Top 15 Crystals to Have In Your Toolkit and Why!
1. Clear Quartz - An extremely effective energy generator and powerful healing crystal clear quartz repairs and replenishes the aura and the whole body. It radiates energy into the environment or the physical body. A deep cleanser on a physical and soul level, it dissolves karmic seeds and amplifies intuition. Keep one with you whenever you need to be soothed, energized or protected.
2. Rose Quartz - Gentle and loving, this is the perfect heart-healer and emotional nourisher. It is the master healer for the emotions. It teaches how to love and value yourself. Wear one over your heart so that you always have love with you. This beautiful crystal releases unexpressed emotions and heals heartache, transmuting emotional conditioning that no longer serves you. It comforts grief and facilitates self-forgiveness and self-worth. It is excellent for de-stressing, soothing and stabilizing.
3. Amethyst - A powerful protector, purifier and natural tranquilizer, Amethyst calms the mind and balances extremes. The crystal is like a ladder to higher consciousness, it takes you into expanded awareness of multi-dimensions and connects to your guides and mentors. But it is also an immensely practical stone. Amethyst is extremely powerful and protective with a high spiritual vibration. It has strong healing and cleansing powers. An effective balancer of mood and a natural tranquilizer, this powerful healing stone is extremely calming for your mind, assisting you to feel less scattered.Traditionally it guards against ill-wishing or psychic attack, transmuting the energy. Placed on your third eye, amethyst enhances higher states of consciousness and spiritual awareness.
4. Smokey Quartz - Smoky quartz is an extremely efficient grounding and cleansing crystal. It rapidly draws off toxic energy. It is also protective, blocking geopathic stress and electromagnetic smog. The stone assists elimination and detoxification on all levels. It teaches you how to leave behind anything that no longer serves you. This stone assists in tolerating difficult times while maintaining your composure.
5. Citrine - abundance, prosperity; also good for protection. This is a feel-good crystal. A vibrant energizer, it is a powerful cleanser and regenerator. Warming and highly creative it raises your self-esteem. Citrine absorbs, transmutes and dissipates toxic energy or conflict and is also protective for the environment. Keep one in your purse or cash box to generate prosperity. One of only a few stones that never needs clearing.
6. Hematite - excellent for grounding and balancing. It is also good for protection. This stone aids when it comes to clearing and activating the root chakra, the energy center that anchors us to the earth and provides a feeling of stability.
7. Selenite - Excellent stone for clearing and protection. Selenite occupies the space between light and matter. It’s excellent for repairing and re-energizing your aura and for keeping your energies pure. Physiologically it works with the biochemical, chemical and electrical processes within the cells and the organs that make up the physical body. This stone can be used to create a protective grid around your home as it does not allow outside influences to penetrate. A large piece within the house ensures safe space and a peaceful atmosphere.
8. Black Tourmaline - Black Tourmaline absorbs anger, ill-wishing or jealousy from others. It also deflects negative energies and protects against geo-pollutants, such as electromagnetic fields and radiation, so wear it if you are electro-sensitive. A strong stone, it increases your physical vitality and stamina. Gridding it around your bed helps you sleep and strengthens the immune system. Tape a small one to a mobile phone (or use shungite), place larger ones next to a computer, router or other sources of EMFs. Place one between your house and source of radiation or EMF such as power lines.
9. Flourite - Fluorite enhances orderly thought, giving you mental clarity, promoting creativity and ensuring elegant communication. It clears mental influence if you are being overly affected by other people’s views or by your own outdated beliefs. Fluorite can be used to heighten intuition. This is a protective crystal, especially on a psychic and psychological level. It also protects against the computer and electromagnetic stress. Wear it or place it over your third eye.</p>
10. Labradorite - A wonderful energy protector that also pulls in spiritual power. An excellent crystal for healers, it enhances your intuition and empathy whilst creating an interface that prevents taking on other people’s problems, negative thoughts or toxic energies. It is the perfect stone for highly sensitive people. Wonderful for astral travel too!
11. Tiger’s Eye - Tiger’s Eye symbolizes prosperity and encourages the right use of power. It balances your needs. This is a powerful stone that helps you to release fear and anxiety and aids harmony and balance. It stimulates taking action, and helps you to make decisions with discernment and understanding, and unclouded by your emotions.
12. Carnelian - A powerfully energizing crystal, carnelian is a protection and good fortune amulet stone. It motivates you towards success in business and attracts abundance. Carnelian grounds and anchors you in your surroundings. It also protects against rage and resentment and increases your fertility and creativity. This stone continually charges-up your energy – place it just below your navel and breathe the energy in. Vibrant orange carnelian energizes the sacral chakra, overcoming impotence or frigidity, and restores vitality to the female reproductive organs boosting fertility. Keep one in your car to protect against road rage. Place one inside your front door to draw in abundance.
13. Shungite - Research has shown that shungite is anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It boosts physical well-being and restores emotional equilibrium, Shungite transmutes stress into a potent energetic recharge. Wear it or place it on the source of EMF emissions, such as computers and cell phones, to eliminate their detrimental effect on sensitive human energy systems. As shungite is a rapid absorber of negative energy and pollutants it needs to be cleansed very frequently.
14. Blue lace agate - If you find it difficult to express yourself blue lace agate is the stone for you. Wear it at your throat so that you can speak your truth and express yourself with clarity and assertiveness. This beautiful stone gently dissolves anger replacing it with profound peace. It releases any suppressed feelings and frees you from judgment and criticism.
15. Sodalite - Sodalite calms panic attacks and neutralizes anxiety. Keep it in your pocket and hold it over your chest at the first sign. Breathe slowly and deeply counting to seven, holding the breath in for a count of six, and then breathing out for a count of five. Sodalite is also an excellent stone to help you overcome your phobias. Sodalite is an excellent stone to harmonize group energy.
Crystals are amazing tools to facilitate healing and support us along our path. If would like to learn more about crystals, check out these valuable resources. You can never learn enough or have enough crystals - so enjoy!
- Considered the Crystal Bible, Love is In the Earthy by Melodie
- Judy Hall, author of many books on crystals and a personal favorite author
- EnergyMuse.com Great website to purchase stones online and they offer great tips and suggestions for crystal use
- Krista Mitchell - author and practitioner of crystal healing
- Hibiscus Moon - previously a science teacher and now offers a crystal academy